Training with a partner or group of people is a super easy way to improve your training results. But what if you can’t always find a compatible partner with matching schedules. For Android users Sports Tracker has Ghost Target feature as a solution. It enables you to compare your real-time workout data to previously made on the same route.
1. Using Ghost Target
- Go to your Home screen.
- Choose Diary in the menu at the bottom of the page.
- Choose a workout (outdoor activities only) that you’d like to use and tap it.
- Tap the three dots at top right to open the drop down menu.
- Tap Start as ghost target.
2. New Activity Window
In New activity window you can select:
- The activity type (outdoors only).
- To use Audio feedback if you want Sports Tracker to keep you updated without having to look at the screen while training. You can modify lap intervals so that feedback is spoken at the end of every lap, 0.5km, 1km, 2km, 5km, 10km or when manually prompted.
- To use Autopause. Sports Tracker will automatically pause when speed falls below a threshold (choose between 2km/h and 5km/h). Sports Tracker automatically starts again when your speed is back above the threshold.
- Ghost Target – here you can see the route you’re using in Ghost Target.
- Follow route – if you don’t want to use Ghost Target and prefer to simply follow a route you’ve previously covered without comparing efforts.
- Click continue.
3. Tracking screen
This page shows the route you use for your Ghost Target with the data you’ve selected to be recorded. The green and red boxes shows you how far ahead/behind you are compared to your Ghost.
If you’re ahead of the ghost, the box will be green and tells you the time or distance by which you’re leading. If you’re behind the box is red.
Clicking on the map will enlarge the map to give you a visual representation of your progress compared to the ghost. Blue dot is you and larger lighter blue dot is the Ghost. Time or distance ahead or behind is displayed in the red or green box at the bottom of the page. If you do short cuts red Off-Route box is shown.
4. Workout summary
When your workout is over you can see the performance against the ghost in workouts screen. Click the play button – or click and drag the tiny orange ball on the timeline – and a cursor will scroll across the table while data at the top shows kilometers, duration and how far ahead or behind you were.
Continue to swipe up until you see the Previous screen which shows you how this workout compared to previous workouts on the same route. Swiping left will reveal additional graphs for Distance, Speed, Pace, Energy and Average heart rate.
Swipe up until you get to the Comparisons window to see how this workout ranks against other workouts on the same route as well as workouts on routes of a similar distance. Tap Rank on this route to go to a page that shows a bar graph of each workout on this route.
This page shows your workout ranked with other workouts on this route. Your current workout has been automatically selected so just tap one of the other routes and you’ll go to a screen that shows a side-by-side comparison of data between the two routes.
Swipe up again to get to the 30-Day Summary including tiny red and green numbers that tell you how the past 30 days compared to the 30 days before that. Tap on the chart to get an expanded view of data for duration, distance, speed, pace, energy and avg heart rate.
Laps screen shows speed, time and ascent and descent. At the top of the page choose between increments of either .5km. 1km, 2km or 5km.
Remember to share your best workout moments to your friends.
Sports Tracker team – sports tracking enthusiasts of Finland
Tip: If you need support with the app please contact our customer service.