Thanks to our trusty Beta-testers (all hail!) we have finalized the latest Android build of the app and it’s now available via the Android Market!
The new build not only fixes a bunch of bugs you have reported but also adds a bunch of new features. We also decided to boost the version number from 1.2.0 to 1.5.0 as the number of features and fixes increased from the original plan :)
New Features and Fixes in Android v.1.5.0
Support for New Screen Resolutions
The new build adds support for 320×480 (HVGA) and 540×960 resolutions. This means Sports Tracker will soon support a wide range of new devices including the HTC Wildfire S, HTC Hero, HTC Legend, the LG Optimus -series and Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 & Active just to name a few.
To see if your device is supported please consult GSMArena.com for a full list of HVGA Android devices and devices with a resolution of 540×960 (please note that we do not maintain the list and that in addition to having the right screen resolution your device needs to have Android OS 2.1 or newer to be able to run Sports Tracker).
v.1.5.0 also includes the first version of the much requested Voice Feedback -feature. The first version includes the following voice feedback prompts:
- Indication for start, stop, auto pause & auto resume.
For each manual or automatic lap (feedback is triggered by tapping the ‘Lap’ button during a workout and by automatic distance based laps):
- lap time
- lap speed/pace
- total distance
- total time
- current heart rate
Not included but already being developed: Heart-rate limit indication.
Other New Features and Fixes
The following new features and fixes are also included in ver 1.5.0 of the Android app.
- Sync reliability improvements
- GPS status and quality indicator
- ‘Back’ button disabled in ‘Lock mode’ during workout
- Automatic sync when entering Diary tab when Diary contains unsynchronized workouts
- Lap calculation fixes
- Workout start and end times fixed
- Selected workout display doesn’t change when turning display off/on
- Detection of captured images fixed for certain devices
- Improved image handling for shared images
- Improved image quality
- Duration fix when capturing images during stopped workout
- Improved swipe detection in chart displays during workout to make switching between workout screens easier
- No more Heart rate belt “ad” if you already have a belt paired to your device
- ‘Save’ button dismisses the workout editor
- Heart rate distribution display in Diary (Zones)
- HR zone indication in workout displays 1 & 2
- Heart rate max value fix
- Average heart rate and energy calculation bug fix when pause is used
- Altitude offset fix
- Fix for showing long comments
- Map related and some other crashes
- Problems exiting map after resuming Sports Tracker from backgroud
- Misplaced zoom keys in Explore map after viewing a workout
- Distance based laps and workout distance editing when the selected unit is miles
- Possibility to move the app to memory card
- No more autolaps when selecting Recorded laps in laps view
- Friends/Latest view automatic refreshing when entering the view from Notifications view
- Multiple visual UI fixes
- Multiple other small fixes/improvements
Thanks to all users who reported bugs and requested feature improvements such as the GPS signal indicator. Keep the info coming – head to our Support-pages to file your report and join the discussion in our development forums to help us further develop the apps.
In the next few weeks we expect to launch ver 1.5.0 with Voice Feedback for iPhone and also a new version of the Symbian app with support for Nokia E6 and other new Symbian devices and the upcoming Symbian update for devices like Nokia N8.
Team Sports Tracker